I remember when my mum first made this butter. I’m pretty sure I ate almost all of it in one go. And I don’t even like tomatoes!
You know when you sit and watch a film and would kind of like some garlic bread, but cant be arsed to go out to the stores to buy some, only to put it in the oven for half an hour and get some piping hot baguette with random smudges of garlic in it? By the time that’s done, the film’s done too!
What I’m going to show you now is really god damn easy to make. And it’s soooo tasty! Just take 5 minutes off before the film and mix this up so that at anytime you want, you can smudge this onto a piece of bread and devour with joy!
Yes, you need some stuff you might not have right now, but if you make a bowl of it, you can use it for ages and it’ll just taste better and better! No need for fancy oven tricks! No need for any heat actually! Just a fork and a cereal bowl. And some other stuff of course.
Tomato Herb Butter to satisfy even the most peckish.
What you will need
- 150g Butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- a small tin of tomato puree
- a few sun dried tomatoes kept in oil (see picture above)
- any Mediterranean herbs
- A bowl and something to mix it all up with.
- Chop up the sun dried tomatoes, the garlic and herbs (if you are using fresh). Probably a good idea to cut the butter a little too; it will make it easier to mix.
- Now, just add it all to the bowl and mix it really really well! Add herbs bit by bit to get the taste just right. To make the butter softer you can put it in the microwave for a couple seconds. Make sure it doesn’t become liquid- just soft.